We have an immediate opening for an Operating Foreman/Project Superintendent.
We are seeking qualified team players who are motivated to learn, work and grow within our company. Responsibilities include overseeing a crew of operators, laborers and subcontractors on various excavating and grading construction projects, managing day-to-day operations to ensure outstanding crew and subcontractor performance while operating various pieces of machinery, reporting project status directly to Project Management through verbal and electronic communication, and delivering a quality product in a fast-paced working environment.
Skills essential to succeed in this position include:
- No less than 5 years of recent experience in a similar general contractor environment working with excavating and grading activities, preferably working directly as a foreman;
- The ability to understand and manage grading projects that include mass earthwork in excess of 100,000 cubic yards;
- Solid understanding of the construction industry and the ability to adapt to unforeseen challenges;
- Strong leadership abilities with outstanding verbal skills;
- Comfort with written and electronic reporting and communication;
- Proficient at multi-tasking;
- The ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment ;
- Reliable, self-managed individual with excessive attention to detail.
Additional skills and abilities that would prove beneficial include:
- Possess a Class A license or willing to obtain;
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of professionalism, fairness and ethical behavior when representing Peterson Companies, Inc. to owners, engineers, vendors or competitors.