WE ARE LOOKING TO ADD AN ESTIMATOR TO OUR TEAM OF CONSTRUCTION PROFESSIONALS
Responsibilities include actively seeking commercial construction projects to bid, performing quantity take-offs derived from a thorough understanding of a project's plans and specifications, assembly of bid items into a comprehensive final bid to be submitted, along with the procurement of all bid documents including bid bonds.
Skills essential to success in this position include:
- No less than 1 year of recent experience in a similar general contractor environment, preferably working directly in estimating;
- Understanding of the bid process;
- Strong written, verbal, and analytical skill;
- Driven, reliable, self-managed individual with excessive attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment;
Additional skills and abilities that would prove beneficial include:
- Degree in a construction related field;
- Strong computer skills; proficient with applications such as Outlook, Excel, Adobe;
- Previous field installation experience preferred;
- Solid understanding of excavation and utility installation processes including the types of equipment and materials used to complete this scope of work;
- Experience reading construction plans and specifications and ability to accurately build, visualize and anticipate a project from start to finish on paper based off of information given;
- An understanding of productivity issues and apply standard unit man and equipment hours to fit the work being bid;
- An understanding of the Low Bid process used within the state of Minnesota and beyond;
- Ability to complete a thorough vendor solicitation process, analyze and select quality suppliers and subcontractors to ensure a successful bid and eventually a successful project;
- Knowledge and understanding of soil type, compaction variables, geotechnical data, elevations and how these items can affect a project;
- An understanding of earthwork cut and fill volumes and site work balancing;
- Ability to focus on generating reliable estimates based on historical costs and information;
- An understanding of electronic takeoffs for earthwork volumes and quantities;
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of professionalism, fairness and ethical behavior when representing Peterson Companies, Inc. to owners, engineers, vendors or competitors.
Peterson Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer