We are looking to add a Project Manager/Estimator to our team of construction professionals. Estimating includes actively seeking commercial construction projects to bid, performing quantity take-offs derived from a thorough understanding of a project's plans and specifications, assembly of bid items into a final bid to be submitted, along with the procurement of all bid documents. Project Management includes coordination and communication while efficiently working with employees, owners and/or general contractors towards the safe and timely completion of projects through scheduling, material procurement, etc.
Skills essential to success in this position include:
- No less than two years of recent experience in a similar general contractor environment, preferably working directly in estimating and/or project management of Commercial Landscape and Irrigation projects;
- Understanding of the bid process;
- Strong written, verbal, and analytical skills;
- Driven, reliable, self-managed individual with excessive attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment;
Additional skills and abilities that would prove beneficial include:
- Strong computer skills; proficient with applications such as Outlook, Excel, Bluebeam, ProCore;
- Previous landscape and irrigation field experience preferred;
- Solid understanding of landscape and irrigation installation processes including the types of equipment and materials used to complete this scope of work;
- Understanding of establishment periods, punch lists, close outs, and warranty periods;
- Experience reading construction plans and specifications and ability to accurately build, visualize and anticipate a project from start to finish on paper based off information given;
- An understanding of productivity issues and apply standard unit man and equipment hours to fit the work being bid;
- An understanding of the Low Bid process used within the state of Minnesota and beyond;
- Ability to complete a thorough vendor solicitation process, analyze and select quality suppliers and subcontractors to ensure a successful bid and eventually a successful project;
- Knowledge and understanding of soils, plants, turfgrass, irrigation, and hardscapes;
- Ability to focus on generating reliable estimates based on historical costs and information;
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of professionalism, fairness and ethical behavior when representing Peterson Companies, Inc. to owners, engineers, vendors, or competitors.
We offer competitive compensation packages based on experience and performance.
Do you feel like you’re the right fit and are ready to join us?!
Peterson Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.